Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fun Valentine bags

I got this cute idea off of a blog this week and I had to make them. They are just big envelopes made out of felt. They were so easy all I did was cut out the size that I wanted and then did the cute trim with yarn. Then I cut out the white heart out of felt and glued in on with fabric glue. I didn't even have to use my sewing machine and it was easy enough that Kali did the yarn on her own. The idea is to put them on the back of the chairs the week of valentines and all week long you can make little valentines and write the things you love about a member of the family and place them in the bag and then put some goodies in to be opened on valentines morning. Since I made them just yesterday I just put them on the chairs and we put some fun things in them that the kids opened on valentines morning. They loved it!!
We had a great "love week" at our house. But the thing that I love the most about Valentines day is it gives you a chance to really think about the people that you love in your life and how grateful you are to have them there. I truely am so lucky to have married a man that I know will love me for me (faults and all). Thanks babe for being my valentine for the last 14 years.
Happy Valentines day to all!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

What a great idea! I've been looking for a Valentine catcher that I didn't have to throw away every year. Thanks, Jen!

Joel said...

The D&J Downeys sure know how to have a good time! Those kids must be getting big all w/o their uncle Joel. Sad.