Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our giving tree

This year we started the Christmas season off by doing a FHE lesson about the importance of giving during the Christmas season. We talked about when we serve and lift others we are actually giving gifts to Jesus. We started with an empty tree and every time we did an act of service we would put an ornament of our giving tree. The kids really had fun with this and they were looking for opportunities to earn their ornament. I think this will have to be a Christmas tradition in our home it really helped us remember the reason for the season. Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Ash said...

Jen, I am just in awe when I come to your blog!! Your simply an amazing Mom!! I am blown away by what you do!! I loved all the Christmas Pictures!! Loved the jammiess!! Love how you put your pictures together on your blog, You will need to teach me sometime! It was so great seeing you Jen. Love your sweet family!! Your simply amazing. Thanks for being YOU!!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

what a cute idea...you are so creative...I love it. It was fun to see you at lunch. Lets do it again soon