Sunday, December 14, 2008

Please tell me I am not the only mom who feels overwhelmed

So I have been doing a lot of thinking this month about how I am feeling like I can't keep up with all the things that I am supposed to be on top of. Are there any other moms out there that feel the same way I do? Well so I started to make a list of the responsibilities of a woman. Here are some of them

*Get everone out of bed and dressed in the morning
* Do the girls hair
* Make a healthy breakfast :)
* Get breakfast dishes done
* Get the girls off the school on time with homework done
* Get a healthy well balanced lunch made :)
* Get lunch dishes done
* Make sure the bathroom toilets get cleaned and the floor mopped
* empty all garbages
* Get all laundry done and folded and put away
* And don't forget to pre-treat all the stains from the day
* Get the carpets vacuumed
* Get a healthy nutritious dinner made.
* Try to have the whole family together for dinner :)
* Get dishwasher unloaded
* Get dinner dishes done, and wash all the walls washed around the high chairs, including light switches.
* Dont forget eveyones daily vitamin that is so important
* Get everyones teeth brused, and takes their flouride
* Get kids in the bath and wash hair
* Get kids in their jamies
* Make sure that you read to your child for 20 minutes every day, since that is recommended :)
* Stay on top of all the diapers that need changing.
* Make sure you spent quality time with each child daily.
* Make sure you spend quality time with your husband daily
* Get all ironing done.
* Do all the grocery shopping ( except for the occasional trips Dereks takes for me on his way home from work. Thanks Babe!!)
* Make sure the kitchen floor gets mopped.
* Change the sheets and get them all washed
* Tidy up all the little messes that take place throughout the day
* Constantly be teaching children how to make good choices.
* Calm disiplining :)
* Take dinner to the new little mommy down the street
* Get your lesson planned for Sunday
* Don't forget to plan your weekly Family Home Evening.
* Have family scripture study daily.
* Pray with your family daily
* Get your visiting teaching done.
* Cut coupons and shop sales
* Make sure the dog is fed and bathed
* Write in your journal
* Keep up on scrapbooking
* Make a call to an old friend
* Make sure you spend time with Grandparents and extended family
* Keep your car cleaned out and washed
* Make your house a home
* Now don't forget that one of the worst things you can do on top of this is let yourself go, so make sure you excersize 5 times a week, and get all dolled up every day :)
* Get the yard work done.
* Never get grumpy or impatient


So after looking at this list I think I am allowed to feel a little overwhelmed some days and also maybe drop the ball on a thing or two. ( especially getting all dolled up every day. ha ha)
But the thing that amazes me the most is I think I am the happiest I have ever been in my whole life. I love so much what I do, I honestly feel like I am living the dream to be able to stay home with my 4 darling little children. So I just wanted to post this to see if anyone can relate of add anything else to this little list. My hat goes off to all the ladies out there!!







6 comments:

gillman said...

i hope you don't try and do ALL of that EVEry DAY!!! :0) corey always tells me how amazing she thinks you are too ( and of course i think corey is amazing too!) as long as my kids are happy, my husband is happy the rest is optional!!! :0)
Meg

Jill Johnson said...

You are amazing!! I feel the same way!!

Jessica F. said...

You are my idol!!!!! You totally amaze me! I look forward to those days with more kids!!!!

Christi said...

You should throw in working one or more part time jobs to help pay the bills-

Christi said...

I was thinking about it- I hope that comment didn't sound whiney- I was just wanting to add to the list- you came up with a good one- I certainly don't do everything on it!!! :)

Aubrey said...

wait. i have to clean the car too? dang it. and i was doing so good. haha. NOT (can you tell I grew up in the 80s?) :) I'm right there with you girlie. lucky for you getting dolled up shouldn't be so hard 'cause you're such a cutie.