Monday, October 19, 2009

Cookie Time.

Growing up every Halloween my mom would make these super yummy spiced sugar cookies with us, so it is a tradition that we are passing on down. We made them for FHE tonight and it was kind of a bad idea considering I am dieting and thought I would have no problem turning them down....5 cookies later I realized that I might not be as strong and I thought. Not to mention these are the kind of cookies that there is no way you can eat just one. Opps I gues I will have to step up the excersize program...

Spiced Sugar Cookies
1 c shortening
3 eggs
1 tp nutmeg
2 c sugar
3 tsp water of milk
1/2 tp cloves
3 c flour
1 Tbsp baking powder.
Cream sugar with shortening. Add eggs, water or milk, and spices. Sift together and add dry ingredients. Flour the counter and roll out dough. Cut in shapes. Use a spatula to place on greased cookie sheet. Dust with sugar before baking. You can color the sugar by adding a drop of food coloring and stiring or shaking in a zip lock bag until color is even. Makes great fall cookie because of its spiced flavor. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.
Enjoy!!!