Monday, February 9, 2009

UFC in Florida

Here was the rental car they gave us. We had a good laugh when we saw the car.

We had such a fun trip in Florida!! My sisters were able to fly out with me, which was great cause we have never taken a trip together without the kids. We went shopping and had lunch, and went and saw Twilight.....Which for the record I am in love with!!! Anyway we just laughed together and talked, the things that sister love to do the most.


Here was Derek's first UFC event. I took a ton of pictures of him coming out for the first time, and stepping into the UFC octagon for the first time. Even though the fight didn't end the way he wanted it to, I was so proud of him. He is living out his dream and he worked so hard to get here. The fight ended in the second round. Derek tapped to a shoulder hold. He is anxious to get back in the gym and work even harder. We haven't heard yet when his next fight will be.



Here are my sisters and I at the event. I don't think I have ever been so nervous is my whole life....I just knew how much it meant to Derek, and that is what makes me the most nervous. I had never been to a UFC event before and it was a lot of fun. Except for Dereks fight. :( The fans are absolutely great!!
I love you Babe!! Keep your head up, you will always be number 1 in my book.....No matter what!!!


4 comments:

Liz Harnish said...

That is so cool Jenn! I saw an article in the BYU Newspaper about some "Gentleman" Derek Downey. :)What a sweet experience for you guys, I told all the guys in my family (big UFC fans) and they were all very impressed.

Jessica F. said...

That is SOOOO amazing that he fought in the UFC...way too go! Looks like you had a great trip. Love the rental car!!!

Shawn Boyles said...

I tried to record it on Sat, but somehow I must have missed it because he wasn't on...I wish I had been able to see it! I am sure it was a lot of fun! Way to go Derek!

DANIELLE said...

I am totally jealous...
wish i could have been there... :(
YEAH for DeROCK!