Friday, January 9, 2009

Incentives work

One of Kali's favorite things is when I make little charts or lists for her to check off. Well I just made a new chart for the girls to help them get ready for bed, and dressed in the morning. I hung it in the girls room and showed them how it works, and of course they were all excited to have a new chart. Well that night at 4:00 in the morning Kali comes upstairs all dressed with her hair done and her teeth brushed all ready for school. So She comes into our bedroom and yells "suprise." She was so excited to wake up and do the things on her chart!! So I told her I was proud of her, and now it was time to go back to bed. It is amazing how a little chart can inspire a little 6 year old.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Cute new posts! I really like this chart. Is it magnetic? I will just have to talk to you about it. I have ben trying to get Corban used to having a check list. Great idea.

Rachael said...

I obviously didn't proofread. I rarely do. I meant to type been, not ben. Oops.

Brooke said...

Ok, that is so funny. That is totally what my 7 year old would do. I love the idea though. I am always looking for new ideas to inspire my kids.

Lacy said...

I love all the new updates!! You're kids are so cute. I am so sad I missed lunch. I need a girls night out!

Joy said...

What a great idea. I have a hard time getting Anne and Andrew to do all those things without me reminding them.
By the way your kids are super cute. Just like their mom!
Joy

Jessica F. said...

I myself do better with an incentive chart!

DANIELLE said...

SO LIKE KALI! i can totally picture that!!
Reading this reminded me of the kids of my parents house doing the do you like BYU? yes or no, check list!! LOL!