Friday, January 2, 2009

This was a cute poem that my mom wrote for my baby shower that I just loved so much and it is so true.......

By now I am sure you've heard the news
That babies keep raining from heaven in twos!!!
Jen's been twice as sick, and she's twice the size,
But twice as excited with this suprise

They'll be twice the kisses and twice the snuggles,
twice the worries and twice the struggles.
Twice the diapers and bottles, and noses.
She'll be dealing with sniffles in double doses.

Twice the feedings with half the sleep
Twice the laundry piled high and deep.
Needing twice the patience to keep her cool
Through throw ups, and blowouts, and endless drool.

Twice the faces to wash and tears to dry
with twice as many reasons to cry.
Twice the laughter, and twice the noise
Twice the wrestling: that comes standard with boys!!

Twice the toys, and bats and balls.
Twice as many handprints on walls.
Twice the clutter and twice the grime
Twice the work with half the time.

Twice the "at bats" and "hits" and "runs"
Twice the "catches" and "saves" "That's my sons!"
Twice the "touchdowns", "interceptions" and "scores"
The "dunks" and "steals" as the grateful crowd roars.

Twice the glory, and twice the pride
Twice the emotion held inside.
Twice the blessing, twice the joys
That come with loving two little boys.


This couldn't be more true!!!!! I have been so crazy busy taking care of these two little angel boys. I didn't have any idea that boys could be so much fun. But I consider them a huge blessing every day. I feel so lucky to have been given the opportunity to raise twin boys!!!

No comments: